Many people including respected Constitutional scholar and George Washington University Professor Jonathan Turley disagree, “I think that this operation was based upon a federal crime. Under federal law, there’s only two ways in order for the President to engage in the surveillance of citizens in this way. They can get a Title 3 warrant, which is the traditional electronic surveillance warrant in criminal cases, or they can get a so-called FISA [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] warrant from the secret court. But it is a crime for someone, acting under the color of law, to order surveillance — or to conduct surveillance — unless you’ve gone to a judge under one of those two schemes.”
1. Familiarize yourself with the Question that the Bush administration simply cannot answer:
“If time was of the essence, why didn’t they conduct the searches and get the warrants after the fact, something that is allowed under the FISA law? They conducted the searches alright, but they never once sought the retroactive warrants.”
3. Sign Senator Boxer’s petition.
4. Contact your senator.
5. Contact your congressman.
6. Contact Congressman Pete Hoekstra too.
7. File a Freedom of Information Act request HERE.
8. Sign John Conyers’ petition to censure and investigate impeachment.
9. Join the guerilla marketing campaign.
10. Make a donation to ImpeachPAC.
11. Join the Impeach Bush Coalition.
12. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper asking people to consider “The Question.”